Here you can find some of the most asked questions on the stream. If your question has not been answered feel free to ask in the #ask-mods channel on Discord. Thanks! (Sorry for the simple site layout. It should soon look much better.)
Questions covered in this FAQ so far:
• Q1: Can you archive the live stream as video so we can watch it again at a later date?
• Q2: Can you add this feature to the stream?
• Q3: Why is the stream currently offline?
• Q4: How has this stream not been taken down for copyright?!
• Q5: What are the mini games on the stream and how do they work?
• Q6: What are some of the stream activities?
• Q7: Are there song requests?
• Q8: What does the rupee shop do? What can I buy there?
• Q9: Why is this third party soundtrack playing? It's not a Nintendo game!
• Q10: What are ranks? What do they do?
Q1: Can you archive the live stream as video so we can watch it again at a later date
A1: Unfortunately live streams longer than 12 hours may not be archived on YouTube.
I also do not record the stream itself as the video would have an immensely huge file size which would take forever to upload.
However, you may replay the last 2 hours of the current live stream at any time. I also create highlights of certain events (such as Mini Marathons) as individual video upload. You can find these highlights in this playlist.
Q2: Can you add this feature to the stream?
A2: I always try to improve the stream by adding new features that enhance the viewing/listening experience. I strive to create a fun stream with a nice community filled with awesome Nintendo fans.
If you ever want to request a feature or soundtrack to be added to the stream, or have any other feedback or suggestion, feel free to post it in the #feedback channel.
My highest priority currently is adding the automated song request system.
Q3: Why is the stream currently offline?
A3: As the stream is planned to be 24/7 it will never be offline unless there are some unexpected issues. In these cases I will put the stream back online as soon as possible. If the issue cannot be resolved immediately I will post about it on Discord and other social media (such as Twitter) to inform you.
Reasons why the stream might go offline:
1) A PC part broke and needs to be replaced. If that ever happens I will use my work PC as replacement until the new part arrives.
2) Channel related issues. If there are issues with my YouTube channel I will simply create a new one and run the stream there.
3) I did not get enough funding to keep the stream online. As running the stream costs real money I cannot run it forever unless it gets funded.
There is a certain amount of money I would like to hit every month to cover all the costs. You can help with this by pledging on Patreon, which also gets you special perks (More info on Patreon), or donating. Thank you!
Q4: How has this stream not been taken down for copyright?!
A4: Nintendo does not take videos or live streams down for copyright reasons. They will only put claims on them in order to monetize these videos. For a live stream this means if I monetize it (by playing ads) Nintendo may or may not receive the money instead. However, I will never actually play ads and do not intend to monetize the stream in ways that are intrusive to you. (The current "monetization" is basically asking for donations/Patreon funding so I can keep the stream online and can keep making it better.)
Watching the stream currently is (and always will be) 100% free. You may, however, support the stream with donations or via Patreon, but that is entirely your own decision and I will never force anyone to pay anything.
Q5: What are the mini games on the stream and how do they work?
A5: There are a variety of mini games you can play using commands in the chat. Note: Not all mini games may be active at all times (due to spam).
Dungeon raid: Enter by typing "!dungeonraid [rupees you want to bet]". Example: !dungeonraid 100
Objective: Join others in raiding a famous dungeon from The Legend of Zelda series (this may change once in a while). There are multiple dungeon difficulties based on the amount of people joining a raid. If more join you will be able to raid harder dungeons, which also allows you to gain more rupees (even more than 2x of what you entered with).
Pokémon Battle: Activated by Guardians (mods) or via rupee shop reward. Once activated type "!joinarena" to participate. You will pay rupees to join. (Entry cost will be told by DysBot.)
Objective: After sign-ups are done, DysBot will start a short countdown to start a Pokémon battle. It will tell you to use a certain attack. Type it as fast as possible. The bot will play at least 5 rounds to determine the fastest participant. If you lose you get nothing. If you win you will obtain lots of rupees. I think it's around 500, but this might depend on the amount of users who joined the battle.
Commands currently are: !sing, !beam, !whip, !flame, !bubble, !thunder.
NOTE: You may see your message before the message of anyone else, but that may only be the case on your screen. In reality the message needs to be sent to the server first, so the end result may vary.
Treasure Pick: Activated by Guardians or via rupee shop reward. Once activated type "!treasurepick [rupees you want to bet]" to pick one out of two treasure chests. One chest is empty, the other has double the amount of rupees that you bet. If you lose the rupees you used to bet are gone.
Q6: What are some of the stream activities?
A6: There are some other fun activities besides the mini games. More activities / stream events are being planned and will be held occasionally.
Auctions: If an auction has been announced you may bet rupees on the item/reward. Type "!bet [rupees]". No rupees will be taken unless you actually win the auction. You may bet as many times as you like, but may not bet more rupees than you actually own.
Giveaways: In a giveaway there will be one winner that gets chosen randomly out of all valid participants. Once the giveaway started you may enter using the given command. Note: In some cases the command will be a secret and you have to figure it out yourself with hints given by me.
Polls: With polls you may vote on lots of things. Past polls voted on new soundtracks, dancer GIFs or even Splatoon Splatfest choices. You may also purchase a poll in the rupee shop that will be displayed on the stream. Ask a mod to set it up for you after purchasing. Vote on an option by typing "!vote [option 1-6]". Example: !vote 4
Bets: You may bet on an option. Everyone who wins the bet will double the rupee amount they entered and may also win other rewards on top of that. Type "!bet [option] [rupees]". Example: !bet 3 100
Other events: There are plans for other events such as special streams for retro music, or streams where certain music may play more often or exclusively (such as a certain franchise to celebrate a new game launch or a certain type of music, like relaxing music, rock, etc.). These will be announced on Discord, other social media and on-stream.
Q7: Are there song requests?
A7: Yes, you may request songs. However, they have to be from the song list. The list currently has far more than ten thousand songs though.
How to requests songs:
• Go to the Song List.
• Find the song you want to request (searching with CTRL + F helps)
-> The song has a date listed next to its name.
• If that date is within the last 4 days that means your song is on cooldown and cannot be played.
Please do not request this song until the cooldown expired.
• If your song is not on cooldown copy the game and song.
• Type "!songrequest Your Game - Your Song" in Youtube chat. - This only works if song requests are currently opened.
If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask us on Discord in #ask-mods or on the stream. We will be using this system until automated song requests are here.
Note: Song requests are currently only possible when I'm not AFK. You may only request one song until your name has been cleared from the request queue, which can take up to 5 minutes after your previous request.
Automated song requests are something I want to add as soon as I find a viable option to make this possible. If I cannot find a free/cheap option for this I am considering paying someone to work on a system for this with me. Ideally I'd like it to include the rupee system, but that's not absolutely necessary. There are other ways to prevent a few users from spamming requests.
Q8: What does the rupee shop do? What can I buy there?
A8: In the rupee shop (http://nin.tel/rupeeshop) you may purchase a variety of items with your rupees. There's no real money involved at all! I always want to add new items to the shop so if you have ideas let me know.
Here's just some of the current options in the shop:
Marathon: If you buy a marathon I will play a certain amount of songs (depending on marathon type) of your choice from a certain amount of games or franchises in a row.
• Playlist Mini Marathon (5 songs (or more, depending on song length) of your choice, from the game of your choice on the playlist)
• Non-Playlist Nintendo Mini Marathon (first or second party games)
• Non-Playlist Third Party Marathon (must be from games on Nintendo systems)
• Super Marathon (10 songs from up to 3 franchises)
• Mega Marathon (15 songs from up to 5 franchises)
• Ultimate Marathon (20 songs from any amount of franchises you pick)
Further options for Marathons
• Marathon Bonus: Wallpapers - I will display the wallpapers you choose during the marathon.
• Marathon Bonus: GIFs - I will display the GIFs you choose during the marathon. Either pick from my GIFs or suggest your own as well.
• Marathon Bonus: Video - I will upload the marathon as a video on my channel and will feature your name in the video title, description and thumbnail. I will also put your image of choice during the marathon and in the thumbnail, and pin your comment on the video.
Enable Treasure Pick and Start a Pokémon battle: If you buy one of these you will be able to enable !treasurepick for 3 minutes or start a Pokémon battle.
Give everyone 10 Rupees!: Feeling generous? You can pay a high amount of rupees to give everyone else in the chat a little.
Add a GIF to the stream: You may pick a GIF from one of my choices to be placed right on the stream. You may also suggest your own GIF, but it needs to be approved by me. (Nothing offensive or low quality.)
Q9: Why is this third party soundtrack playing? It's not a Nintendo game!
A9: Most of the soundtracks on the stream are from Nintendo games. We do, however, allow some third party guest soundtracks. They are all from games that appeared on Nintendo systems. You can check the current third party soundtracks out in the playlist: http://nin.tel/playlist.
Q10: What are ranks? What do they do?
A10: Ranks are a form of reward you can get if you're active on the stream. There are several ranks you unlock simply by watching (and being active in chat) and some you may obtain in other ways. Each user may have one watch time rank and one special rank.
Each rank unlocks special commands. You can see them below. Feel free to test them out on the stream! More ranks and commands will be added in time.
• Picori — Get this rank upon joining the stream chat for the first time
- All Nightbot commands. (To see them type !commands)
- !discord - !wallpaper (1 min cooldown) - !what (1 min cooldown)
• Deku Scrub — Watch for 1 hour
• Kokiri — Watch for 10 hours
- !hype - !lastvideo - !subs - !viewers
• Hylian — Watch for 24 hours
- All quote commands. (Currently !sax - !gnight - !gluck - !oof - !morefeels)
• Sheikah — Watch for 100 hours
Ability to add new quotes with !addquote Text here
Animation commands are unlocked. (1 minute cooldown.):
- !waaah - !feels - !mm2wood - !ohgodnowhyisthisevenacommand - !party - !pikapower - !poweron - !tooslow - !sohappy - !float
More to come.
• Subrosian — Watch for 300 hours
No new commands for now.
• Twili — Watch for 500 hours
• Guardian — Be a moderator
Guardians can use all commands.
• Ancient Tech Lab Researcher — Those who support the stream on the technical side.
- !lab - Check rupees, rank and watch time at no cooldown
• Hero of Time — Be a Patreon Supporter
- !me - Check rupees, rank and watch time at no cooldown
• Champion — Be a Patreon Supporter
- !champ - Check rupees, rank and watch time at no cooldown
Full screen animations are also unlocked. (1 minute cooldown.):
- !drunk - !funky - !run - !sanic - !wakawaka - !march
More to come.